Saturday 15 December 2012

travel: Taiwan 2012 - Pre Flight

4 months ago, moi and 1/2heart decided that we were long due for an overseas holiday and agreed to take some time off work at the end of the year to go away somewhere. But since neither him or I could take long extended holidays, our choices of destination were kind of limited.

After plenty of hrmm-ing and ahh-ing, we finally chose Taiwan as our destination. Well, we wanted China, but I guess we prefer to leave the big country for much much longer holiday in the future (crossfingers). Besides, Taiwan looks wonderful enough for a two weeks break in December.

And after getting trolled by flying planes everyday (we always have to drive past the international airport to work), finally the day came when I could say 'stuff this' to my work computer, and went on my merry way to catch our flight - which was scheduled at 7 p.m. on 14/12/12.

So, this will be our travelogue, and be aware that it will be very picture heavy.

You know the exact time that actually stroke a chord inside me and screamed, "Girl, you are actually going on a holiday, hoorayy!". It's when I was actually inside the airport. Ah, Sydney Airport, how I love you whenever I visit you to board a plane... . (I do come quite often to International Airport area for work purpose, which only usually left me feeling depressed due to my envy on all of the people checking in their luggage and their smiles as they entered the passengers-only gate...).



View of the plane we would be boarding. Our favourite carrier: Singapore Airlines, and a random item we found on the shops at the airport. Emu Pate, anyone?


Before long, it was time to fly.


Our dinners and what drink to order when you were on a singapore airlines flight? Singapore Sling, of course.


We had around 7 hours layover in Singapore Changi Airport before our connecting flight to Taipei, so we booked a 6 hours block to stay at Ambassador Transit Hotel. The group has a Transit Hotel at every terminal, but when I tried to book for the one located at Terminal 3 over 2 months ago (as our connecting flight would be departing from terminal 3), it was all booked out, and only Terminal 1 hotel was available. Nevertheless, I guess it was decent enough for a short rest. 







And Changi's Christmas spirit is in full swing. Pretty Christmas decorations everywhere... .




When morning came and after we checked out, 1/2heart saw Dunkin Donuts, and so 1/2heart shall have some Dunkin Donuts... . (and the koi fish picture is just here to make the blog prettier :D We did not harm or digest any koi).


Before long, it was time to fly again, this time to our real destination: Taipei.








No comments:

Post a Comment